When I first saw this, it really got me to thinking about stuff that can be made with recycled items. So here’s a list of (slightly behind schedule) links to projects related to recycling.
- Making Yarn from Plastic Bags. I’ve always wanted to know how to do this. This enables all kinds of possibilities, from bags to rugs to the dress I linked to above.
- Recycled Paper Envelopes. Fold used calendars or magazine pages into envelopes.
- Tissue Box Picture Frames. Simple yet beautiful.
- Photo Business Card Holder. Uses old cassette cases. You still have those, right?
- Recycled Lightbulbs. How to recycle burnt-out bulbs (or the ones you replace with CFL bulbs 😉 ) into a variety of different decorative crafts.
- No More AOL CD’s!. Best idea ever. While looking for something to do with all those damn CDs, I stumbled upon this. Yes, it has some creative ideas (I particularly like the dragonfly) but more importantly it gives you an opportunity to get rid of them once and for all!
- Furoshiki. Wrap gifts for birthdays, anniversaries, Christmas, or whenever in cloth instead of paper. This page shows you how.
- WhipLash’s Contest for Feb.: Recycled Crafts Month. Check out the finalists’ entries for a bunch of ideas.